Sony to sell new Xperia tablet in Japan: Nikkei
(Reuters) - Sony Corp's Sony Mobile Communications Inc said it will sell the new version of its Xperia tablet in Japan this spring, the Nikkei reported, citing Kyodo News.
The Xperia Tablet Z, whose price has not been announced, has a 10.1-inch display, is 6.9 mm thin and weighs 495 grams, according to the company's website.
Rival Google Inc's Nexus 10 tablet is 8.9 mm thick, while Apple Inc's iPad mini measures 7.9 mm.
Sony halted sales of Xperia in October, a month after launch, after discovering gaps between the screen and the case that made some of the machines susceptible to water damage.
The Nikkei reported on Sunday that Japanese smartphone makers seem to be regaining some market share they lost to companies like Apple and Samsung Electronics Co.
(Reporting by Krithika Krishnamurthy in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel says its troops kill Hamas men accused of slaying teens |
- AstraZeneca, Shire dive as U.S. tax move punctures deal hopes
- Tesco parachutes in new finance boss to fix accounting scandal