Nikkei falls in directionless trade, post-BOJ gains erased by profit-taking
TOKYO, Jan 22 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average edged down on Tuesday in directionless trade after it erased gains made immediately after the Bank of Japan set a 2 percent inflation target and made an open-ended commitment to buy assets. The Nikkei shed 0.4 percent to 10,709.93 after jumping to as high as 10,859.42 after the BOJ's outcome. The broader Topix slipped 0.4 percent to 901.15.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day