US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St opens flat as investors eye earnings
NEW YORK Jan 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Tuesday as investors held back from making large bets at the start of a busy week for corporate earnings after major indexes notched five-year highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 16.95 points, or 0.12 percent, to 13,666.65. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 0.33 point, or 0.02 percent, to 1,485.65. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 0.21 point, or 0.01 percent, to 3,134.91.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs