Hong Kong shares to start up 0.2 pct, Cosco Pacific jumps
HONG KONG Jan 23 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start higher on Wednesday, with a 4 percent jump in Chinese shipper Cosco Pacific helping buoy the Hang Seng Index to its highest in more than 19 months.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.2 percent at 23,700.5, its highest since June 1, 2011. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to also start up 0.2 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman