STOCKS NEWS SINGAPORE-CIMB upgrades SATS to outperform
CIMB Research upgraded its rating on airline services company SATS Ltd to 'outperform' from 'neutral' and raised its target price to S$3.32 from S$2.82, citing a rise in air travel in Singapore.
SATS shares were up 0.7 percent at S$2.96 and have gained 2.4 percent since the start of the year, compared with the FTSE ST Industrials Index's 3 percent rise.
CIMB expects higher air traffic volume through Singapore. In November, Singapore's Changi Airport handled an average 920 flights per day, a record high. With the thriving air travel in Singapore, CIMB said SATS can offer stable earnings growth and yields of over 4 percent.
Meanwhile, CIMB said SATS' profit margins were expected to recover, helped by easing food inflation. The brokerage expects SATS's core net profit margin to improve 0.4 percentage points to 9.9 percent in 2013.
0947 (0147 GMT)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Bank of England suspends real-time payments system
- FTSE slips back, weighed down by oil stocks
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |