Tennis-Five-times champion Serena beaten in quarter-finals
MELBOURNE Jan 23 (Reuters) - Five-times champion Serena Williams was knocked out of the Australian Open by Sloane Stephens in the quarter-finals on Wednesday.
Stephens won the match 3-6 7-5 6-4 after Williams jarred her back in the second set and suffered spasms. The 19-year-old Stephens will now meet Victoria Azarenka in the semi-finals.
(Writing by Greg Stutchbury; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |