Tennis-Five-times champion Serena beaten in quarter-finals
MELBOURNE Jan 23 (Reuters) - Five-times champion Serena Williams was knocked out of the Australian Open by Sloane Stephens in the quarter-finals on Wednesday.
Stephens won the match 3-6 7-5 6-4 after Williams jarred her back in the second set and suffered spasms. The 19-year-old Stephens will now meet Victoria Azarenka in the semi-finals.
(Writing by Greg Stutchbury; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine