Finland auctions new 4G spectrum
HELSINKI Jan 24 (Reuters) - Finland will auction new fourth-generation wireless licences on Thursday, the government said.
The government estimates it will receive at least 100 million euros ($133 million) for the 20-year licences.
The 800 MHz frequency band is valuable because it allows mobile signals to travel long distances. ($1 = 0.7530 euro) (Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Warp speed' risk for UK house prices but hiking rates off radar
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- October industrial output rises, trade deficit wider than expected |
- Ukraine protesters hold firm as U.S., EU step up diplomacy |