China urges calm and restraint on North Korea nuclear test plan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China called for calm and restraint on Thursday after North Korea said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test that would target the United States.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the comments at a daily news briefing.
Hong also urged the "relevant party" not to take any steps that would raise tensions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB targets bundled-debt market to boost economy
- Myanmar worker admits to British murders in Thailand - police
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down