China urges calm and restraint on North Korea nuclear test plan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China called for calm and restraint on Thursday after North Korea said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test that would target the United States.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the comments at a daily news briefing.
Hong also urged the "relevant party" not to take any steps that would raise tensions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane