China urges calm and restraint on North Korea nuclear test plan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China called for calm and restraint on Thursday after North Korea said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test that would target the United States.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the comments at a daily news briefing.
Hong also urged the "relevant party" not to take any steps that would raise tensions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health