China urges calm and restraint on North Korea nuclear test plan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China called for calm and restraint on Thursday after North Korea said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test that would target the United States.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the comments at a daily news briefing.
Hong also urged the "relevant party" not to take any steps that would raise tensions.
(Reporting by Ben Blanchard, Writing by Sui-Lee Wee; editing by Jonathan Standing)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Air traffic computer fault hits flights from England
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Cricket-England 172 all out v Australia (570-9d) second test - innings