China urges calm and restraint on North Korea nuclear test plan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China called for calm and restraint on Thursday after North Korea said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test that would target the United States.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the comments at a daily news briefing.
Hong also urged the "relevant party" not to take any steps that would raise tensions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Iceland lowers volcano alert, says small eruption no threat to aviation
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Tesco slashes dividend after second profit warning in two months |