China urges calm and restraint on North Korea nuclear test plan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China called for calm and restraint on Thursday after North Korea said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test that would target the United States.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the comments at a daily news briefing.
Hong also urged the "relevant party" not to take any steps that would raise tensions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Heritage Classic scores
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- West African Ebola outbreak caused by new strain of disease: study