GDP data shows difficult economic situation - Treasury
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain still faces a very difficult economic situation, the finance ministry said on Friday in response to official data showing a bigger-than-expected 0.3 percent fall in fourth-quarter GDP.
"It confirms what we already knew -- that Britain, like many European countries, still faces a very difficult economic situation," the Treasury said in a statement.
"While the economy is healing, it is a difficult road."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |