GDP data shows difficult economic situation - Treasury
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain still faces a very difficult economic situation, the finance ministry said on Friday in response to official data showing a bigger-than-expected 0.3 percent fall in fourth-quarter GDP.
"It confirms what we already knew -- that Britain, like many European countries, still faces a very difficult economic situation," the Treasury said in a statement.
"While the economy is healing, it is a difficult road."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Ukraine government says resumes offensive, hopes for more U.S. help |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China