GDP data shows difficult economic situation - Treasury
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain still faces a very difficult economic situation, the finance ministry said on Friday in response to official data showing a bigger-than-expected 0.3 percent fall in fourth-quarter GDP.
"It confirms what we already knew -- that Britain, like many European countries, still faces a very difficult economic situation," the Treasury said in a statement.
"While the economy is healing, it is a difficult road."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- St James's Place outperforms as FTSE stages late rally
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Labour faces collapse in support in Scotland - poll
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |