GDP data shows difficult economic situation - Treasury
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain still faces a very difficult economic situation, the finance ministry said on Friday in response to official data showing a bigger-than-expected 0.3 percent fall in fourth-quarter GDP.
"It confirms what we already knew -- that Britain, like many European countries, still faces a very difficult economic situation," the Treasury said in a statement.
"While the economy is healing, it is a difficult road."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results