Monte Paschi head says situation under control
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - The situation at Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI), Italy's third biggest lender, is completely under control, the bank's chairman said on Friday.
"I'd like to remind you that we have 31,000 employees, we are a great company with six million customers," Chairman Alessandro Profumo told a shareholder meeting.
The bank has come under pressure because of losses due to complex derivatives deals carried out in 2006-09.
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
- Conservatives, states set to launch legal blitz against Obama over immigration
- Serbian fan killed in Istanbul Euroleague violence – consul