Monte Paschi head says situation under control
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - The situation at Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI), Italy's third biggest lender, is completely under control, the bank's chairman said on Friday.
"I'd like to remind you that we have 31,000 employees, we are a great company with six million customers," Chairman Alessandro Profumo told a shareholder meeting.
The bank has come under pressure because of losses due to complex derivatives deals carried out in 2006-09.
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report