Monte Paschi head says situation under control
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - The situation at Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI), Italy's third biggest lender, is completely under control, the bank's chairman said on Friday.
"I'd like to remind you that we have 31,000 employees, we are a great company with six million customers," Chairman Alessandro Profumo told a shareholder meeting.
The bank has come under pressure because of losses due to complex derivatives deals carried out in 2006-09.
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |