Monte Paschi head says situation under control
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - The situation at Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI), Italy's third biggest lender, is completely under control, the bank's chairman said on Friday.
"I'd like to remind you that we have 31,000 employees, we are a great company with six million customers," Chairman Alessandro Profumo told a shareholder meeting.
The bank has come under pressure because of losses due to complex derivatives deals carried out in 2006-09.
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage