Statoil confirms two dead, three missing after Algeria siege
OSLO (Reuters) - Two employees of Norwegian oil firm Statoil have been confirmed dead in Algeria after an al Qaeda-linked group held them hostage at the In Amenas gas plant last week, the firm said on Friday.
The firm said three others were still listed as missing though the Foreign Ministry said these employees were also presumed dead.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route