Statoil confirms two dead, three missing after Algeria siege
OSLO (Reuters) - Two employees of Norwegian oil firm Statoil have been confirmed dead in Algeria after an al Qaeda-linked group held them hostage at the In Amenas gas plant last week, the firm said on Friday.
The firm said three others were still listed as missing though the Foreign Ministry said these employees were also presumed dead.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks as tensions rise
- U.S. exits GM stake in $10 billon loss for taxpayers |
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on media
- U.S. Korean War veteran released by North says made 'confession' under duress