Samsung sees smartphone market shrinking shrinking in first-quarter
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's top handset maker, said on Friday that it expects the global smartphone market to shrink in the first quarter from the seasonally strong fourth quarter.
The South Korean firm also said the overall handset market would see growth in the mid single-digits this year from 2012, with the smartphone segment set to slow.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane