Samsung sees smartphone market shrinking shrinking in first-quarter
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's top handset maker, said on Friday that it expects the global smartphone market to shrink in the first quarter from the seasonally strong fourth quarter.
The South Korean firm also said the overall handset market would see growth in the mid single-digits this year from 2012, with the smartphone segment set to slow.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- Cameron narrows Labour lead, ahead on economy