Samsung Electronics sold 63 million smartphones in fourth quarter: report
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's top handset maker, sold 63 million smartphones in the fourth quarter and commanded a 29 percent share of the global smartphone market, a report by research firm Strategy Analytics showed on Friday.
In 2012, Samsung sold 213 million smartphones with a 30 percent market share, followed by Apple Inc, which sold 135.8 million iPhones with a 19 percent market share, the report said.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Ukraine rebels say they are poised to recapture Donetsk airport |