Golf-Eagle at 18th gives Wood Qatar Masters victory
DOHA Jan 26 (Reuters) - Chris Wood produced a stunning eagle on the 18th green at Doha Golf Club on Saturday to win the Qatar Masters, his first victory on the European Tour.
The 25-year-old Englishman started the final hole a shot behind Spain's Sergio Garcia and South African George Coetzee who had set the clubhouse target at 17 under par.
Garcia shot a fourth-round 66 and Coetzee a 64.
Wood had begun the day with a three-shot lead but struggled after making a double bogey at the par-three third hole. His eagle putt from 10 feet at the last hole allowed him to complete a three-under-par 69. (Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California