Golf-Eagle at 18th gives Wood Qatar Masters victory
DOHA Jan 26 (Reuters) - Chris Wood produced a stunning eagle on the 18th green at Doha Golf Club on Saturday to win the Qatar Masters, his first victory on the European Tour.
The 25-year-old Englishman started the final hole a shot behind Spain's Sergio Garcia and South African George Coetzee who had set the clubhouse target at 17 under par.
Garcia shot a fourth-round 66 and Coetzee a 64.
Wood had begun the day with a three-shot lead but struggled after making a double bogey at the par-three third hole. His eagle putt from 10 feet at the last hole allowed him to complete a three-under-par 69. (Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again