Destro confirmed out for two months with knee injury
ROME (Reuters) - Striker Mattia Destro will be out of action for two months after an operation on his injured knee, Roma confirmed on Saturday.
"Mattia Destro underwent surgery on his left knee at Villa Margherita today," the Serie A club said on their website (asroma.it).
"The operation...lasted 20 minutes and was a complete success. The recovery period is expected to be approximately eight weeks."
The 22-year-old Destro, who has scored four goals in 16 appearance this season, hurt his knee and his right ankle during the 2-1 defeat of Inter in the first leg of an Italian Cup semi-final on Wednesday.
Roma, who are seventh in Serie A on 33 points, take on Bologna on Sunday (11.30 a.m. British time).
(Reporting by Terry Daley; Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso missing
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- British manufacturing emerges from years in the shadows