IMF urges mid-term plan for Japan debt reduction
DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - The head of the International Monetary Fund called on Saturday for Japan to put forward a medium-term plan to reduce its public debt after this week's bold monetary and fiscal stimulus measures.
IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde told the World Economic Forum in Davos: "Japan has made very important decisions. We are very interested in these policies. We would like them to complement it with a mid-term plan on how the debt would be reduced."
(Reporting by Lisa Jucca; Writing by Paul Taylor)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media