Cricket-Gooch steps down as England limited overs batting coach
LONDON Jan 27 (Reuters) - Graham Gooch has stepped down as batting coach for England's one-day and Twenty20 teams and will focus exclusively on the test side, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said in a statement on Sunday.
Graham Thorpe, like Gooch one of England's most successful batsman of the past 25 years, takes over as batting coach for the limited overs matches for the tour of New Zealand starting next month.
The demands of the three forms of the game has already led England head coach Andy Flower to step down from one-dayers and Twenty 20s with Ashley Giles taking over.
(Writing by Mark Meadows. Editing by Patrick Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Look, no hands! Test driving a Google car
- Malaysia declares Aug 22 national day of mourning for MH17 victims