Cricket-Gooch steps down as England limited overs batting coach
LONDON Jan 27 (Reuters) - Graham Gooch has stepped down as batting coach for England's one-day and Twenty20 teams and will focus exclusively on the test side, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said in a statement on Sunday.
Graham Thorpe, like Gooch one of England's most successful batsman of the past 25 years, takes over as batting coach for the limited overs matches for the tour of New Zealand starting next month.
The demands of the three forms of the game has already led England head coach Andy Flower to step down from one-dayers and Twenty 20s with Ashley Giles taking over.
(Writing by Mark Meadows. Editing by Patrick Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles