Cricket-Gooch steps down as England limited overs batting coach
LONDON Jan 27 (Reuters) - Graham Gooch has stepped down as batting coach for England's one-day and Twenty20 teams and will focus exclusively on the test side, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said in a statement on Sunday.
Graham Thorpe, like Gooch one of England's most successful batsman of the past 25 years, takes over as batting coach for the limited overs matches for the tour of New Zealand starting next month.
The demands of the three forms of the game has already led England head coach Andy Flower to step down from one-dayers and Twenty 20s with Ashley Giles taking over.
(Writing by Mark Meadows. Editing by Patrick Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- 'Warp speed' risk for UK house prices but hiking rates off radar
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- Ukraine protesters hold firm as U.S., EU step up diplomacy |