Rugby-Lauret out of France Six Nations squad, Gunther in
PARIS Jan 27 (Reuters) - Biarritz flanker Wenceslas Lauret has been left out of the France squad preparing for the Six Nations championship starting this weekend because of a head injury, the French rugby federation said on Sunday.
Lauret, who sustained the injury in his team's 19-14 league loss to Toulouse on Friday, has been replaced in the 33-man squad by Toulon's Pierrick Gunther.
Manager Philippe Saint-Andre will trim his squad to 23 players on Monday before next Sunday's Six Nations opener against Italy in Rome.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine