Nikkei rises, hits 11,000 at open
TOKYO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose at Monday's open, striking a 32-month high above 11,000 after the yen weakened over the weekend and U.S. stocks advanced strongly, although the benchmark quickly pared its gains as investors awaited domestic earnings results for cues. The Nikkei was up 0.6 percent at 10,994.42 after rising as high as 11,002.89, while the broader Topix put on 0.7 percent to 923.36.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally