US does not believe media reports about blast at Iranian enrichment plant
WASHINGTON Jan 28 (Reuters) - The United States does not believe media reports about an explosion at an Iranian uranium enrichment plant, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters on Monday.
The reports had said there had been an explosion early last week at the underground Fordow bunker near the holy Iranian city of Qom.
"We have no information to confirm the allegations in the report and we do not believe the report is credible," Carney said. "We don't believe those are credible reports." (Reporting By Steve Holland and Jeff Mason; Editing by Bill Trott)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering