Tennis-Kvitova to lead Czechs at start of Fed Cup defence
PRAGUE Jan 28 (Reuters) - World number eight Petra Kvitova, dumped out in the second round at the Australian Open, will lead the Czech Republic in their Fed Cup title defence when they take on Australia in a first round tie next month.
Czech captain Petr Pala will stick with the same squad that lifted the crown for a second straight year in November, including Lucie Safarova, Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka.
"I decided on a proven, winning team," Pala said in a statement.
The Czechs will begin their attempt at a third straight title in front of their home fans in the northeastern city of Ostrava on Feb. 9-10. (Reporting by Jason Hovet, editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media
- China Rongsheng ghost town reflects shipbuilder's struggle to survive
- U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of Rohingya