Hong Kong shares to open up 0.5 pct at highest since May 2011
HONG KONG Jan 30 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start at their highest intra-day level since May 2011 on Wednesday, helped by gains of 1.2 percent for heavyweights China Construction Bank and China Shenhua Energy Co Ltd .
The Hang Seng Index is set to open up 0.5 percent at 23,767.3, its highest intra-day level since early May 2011. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start up 0.6 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Taxis, planes and viruses: How deadly Ebola can spread
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Experts recover human remains at Ukraine crash site despite new fighting
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Campaign for an independent Scotland stalls before historic vote