- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Sao Paulo, Rio revoke transport fare hikes as protests continue |
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus
- Italian designers Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Futures fall further after GDP data
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Jan 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures extended losses after data showed the economy unexpectedly contracted in the fourth quarter, declining by 0.1 percent against expectations of a 1.1 percent increase.
S&P 500 futures fell 4 points and were below fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures lost 7 points and Nasdaq 100 futures fell 4 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this