US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Futures fall further after GDP data
NEW YORK Jan 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures extended losses after data showed the economy unexpectedly contracted in the fourth quarter, declining by 0.1 percent against expectations of a 1.1 percent increase.
S&P 500 futures fell 4 points and were below fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures lost 7 points and Nasdaq 100 futures fell 4 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- 'Warp speed' risk for UK house prices but hiking rates off radar
- Carney sees hopeful signs in UK economy |
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher
- October industrial output rises, trade deficit wider than expected |