US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street flat as Fed keeps stimulus in place
NEW YORK Jan 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks remained little changed on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve left in place its stimulus policy of monthly purchases of $85 billion in bonds, saying economic growth had stalled but the pullback was likely temporary.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 19.85 points or 0.14 percent, to 13,934.57, the S&P 500 lost 2.25 points or 0.15 percent, to 1,505.59 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 2.11 points or 0.07 percent, to 3,151.55.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours
- Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city |
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- MPs criticise UK arms sales to Russia as Cameron pledges no new exports
- Euro finally gives in, Aussie eyes CPI test