US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges lower at open after GDP data
NEW YORK Jan 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged lower at the open on Wednesday following an unexpected contraction in fourth-quarter economic activity, but losses were curbed by gains in Internet retailer Amazon.com.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 11.13 points, or 0.08 percent, to 13,943.29. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 1.34 points, or 0.09 percent, to 1,506.50. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 1.48 points, or 0.05 percent, to 3,155.14.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll