US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges lower at open after GDP data
NEW YORK Jan 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged lower at the open on Wednesday following an unexpected contraction in fourth-quarter economic activity, but losses were curbed by gains in Internet retailer Amazon.com.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 11.13 points, or 0.08 percent, to 13,943.29. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 1.34 points, or 0.09 percent, to 1,506.50. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 1.48 points, or 0.05 percent, to 3,155.14.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine