Italy prosecutor probing only previous Monte Paschi management
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - A probe by Italian magistrates into scandal-hit bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) concerns only the lender's previous management, Siena public prosecutor Tito Salerno said in a statement on Wednesday.
Prosecutors in Siena, where the 540-year-old lender is based, are investigating allegations of corruption in the 2007 acquisition by Monte Paschi of smaller lender Antonveneta as well as fraud in connection to derivatives trades.
(Reporting By Silvia Ognibene)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores
- Blind joins while Manchester United wait on Falcao