Italy prosecutor probing only previous Monte Paschi management
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - A probe by Italian magistrates into scandal-hit bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) concerns only the lender's previous management, Siena public prosecutor Tito Salerno said in a statement on Wednesday.
Prosecutors in Siena, where the 540-year-old lender is based, are investigating allegations of corruption in the 2007 acquisition by Monte Paschi of smaller lender Antonveneta as well as fraud in connection to derivatives trades.
(Reporting By Silvia Ognibene)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO killed in Moscow airport plane accident - Tass
- Polish ex-minister quoted saying Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland
- Al Qaeda attacks kill at least 33 people in Yemen
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman