Italy prosecutor probing only previous Monte Paschi management
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - A probe by Italian magistrates into scandal-hit bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) concerns only the lender's previous management, Siena public prosecutor Tito Salerno said in a statement on Wednesday.
Prosecutors in Siena, where the 540-year-old lender is based, are investigating allegations of corruption in the 2007 acquisition by Monte Paschi of smaller lender Antonveneta as well as fraud in connection to derivatives trades.
(Reporting By Silvia Ognibene)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Balfour Beatty ends merger talks with Carillion