Italy prosecutor probing only previous Monte Paschi management
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - A probe by Italian magistrates into scandal-hit bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) concerns only the lender's previous management, Siena public prosecutor Tito Salerno said in a statement on Wednesday.
Prosecutors in Siena, where the 540-year-old lender is based, are investigating allegations of corruption in the 2007 acquisition by Monte Paschi of smaller lender Antonveneta as well as fraud in connection to derivatives trades.
(Reporting By Silvia Ognibene)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says