Nikkei retreats from 33-month high on profit-taking
TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average fell in early trade on Thursday, with investors booking profits after the index had risen sharply in the previous session to end above 11,000 for the first time in 33 months. The Nikkei eased 0.5 percent to 11,055.02, while the broader Topix index added 0.1 percent to 935.65.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the UK |
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll