US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall Street eases after mixed data
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended lower on Thursday after a mixed bag of economic data gave more reasons for investors to be cautious ahead of the all-important jobs report due on Friday.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 45.62 points, or 0.33 percent, to 13,864.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 3.69 points, or 0.25 percent, to 1,498.27. The Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 0.18 point, or 0.01 percent, to 3,142.13.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Suicide attacks kill at least 17 in Iraq after mosque shooting |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says