Motor racing-Ferrari F1 team secure first Chinese sponsor
Jan 31 (Reuters) - The Ferrari Formula One team announced their first Chinese sponsor on Thursday, a maker of components for heavy industrial vehicles a world away from the glamour of the Italian company's supercars.
Ferrari said in a statement that the deal with Weichai Power would run to the end of the 2016 season.
China is a major market for Ferrari, who have had a presence there for more than 20 years. The team were overall runners-up in Formula One last season and are the only ones to have competed in every championship since 1950. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Senior North Korean official reappears, belies reports of another purge
- Scottish independence is 'too good to miss' says actor Sean Connery
- Analysis - Qatar rift is pivotal test for disunited Gulf families