Motor racing-Ferrari F1 team secure first Chinese sponsor
Jan 31 (Reuters) - The Ferrari Formula One team announced their first Chinese sponsor on Thursday, a maker of components for heavy industrial vehicles a world away from the glamour of the Italian company's supercars.
Ferrari said in a statement that the deal with Weichai Power would run to the end of the 2016 season.
China is a major market for Ferrari, who have had a presence there for more than 20 years. The team were overall runners-up in Formula One last season and are the only ones to have competed in every championship since 1950. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients