Tennis-China's Li hopeful of quick return despite sore ankle
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Australian Open runner-up Li Na will visit doctors in Germany on Monday for treatment on her sore left ankle and is hopeful of returning to action in a fortnight, the Chinese world number five said on Thursday.
Li rolled her ankle twice in losing the final of the women's singles at Melbourne Park to world number one Victoria Azarenka on Saturday.
"It's sore, so (I) will see doctor on Monday," Li told reporters on a conference call.
She has been recuperating at home in China and visiting family since her near-miss at the year's first grand slam.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll