Tennis-China's Li hopeful of quick return despite sore ankle
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Australian Open runner-up Li Na will visit doctors in Germany on Monday for treatment on her sore left ankle and is hopeful of returning to action in a fortnight, the Chinese world number five said on Thursday.
Li rolled her ankle twice in losing the final of the women's singles at Melbourne Park to world number one Victoria Azarenka on Saturday.
"It's sore, so (I) will see doctor on Monday," Li told reporters on a conference call.
She has been recuperating at home in China and visiting family since her near-miss at the year's first grand slam.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |