China's Geely buys UK black cab maker Manganese Bronze
LONDON Feb 1 (Reuters) - China's Geely Automobile Holdings has bought Manganese Bronze, the maker of London's iconic black taxi, for 11 million pounds ($17.5 million).
The deal, which will safeguard production of the vehicles in Britain, was agreed with PricewaterhouseCoopers, who were appointed administrators of the British business last October.
Geely, which was the company's biggest single creditor, said on Friday it would continue to assemble the TX4 model at Manganese Broze's plant in Coventry, in mid-England.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |