China's Geely buys UK black cab maker Manganese Bronze
LONDON Feb 1 (Reuters) - China's Geely Automobile Holdings has bought Manganese Bronze, the maker of London's iconic black taxi, for 11 million pounds ($17.5 million).
The deal, which will safeguard production of the vehicles in Britain, was agreed with PricewaterhouseCoopers, who were appointed administrators of the British business last October.
Geely, which was the company's biggest single creditor, said on Friday it would continue to assemble the TX4 model at Manganese Broze's plant in Coventry, in mid-England.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |