China's Geely buys UK black cab maker Manganese Bronze
LONDON Feb 1 (Reuters) - China's Geely Automobile Holdings has bought Manganese Bronze, the maker of London's iconic black taxi, for 11 million pounds ($17.5 million).
The deal, which will safeguard production of the vehicles in Britain, was agreed with PricewaterhouseCoopers, who were appointed administrators of the British business last October.
Geely, which was the company's biggest single creditor, said on Friday it would continue to assemble the TX4 model at Manganese Broze's plant in Coventry, in mid-England.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering