US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Factory data pushes Wall Street higher
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains on Friday after data showed U.S. manufacturing grew at the fastest pace in nine months in January.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 119.9 points or 0.87 percent, to 13,980.48, the S&P 500 gained 11.28 points or 0.75 percent, to 1,509.39 and the Nasdaq Composite added 23.77 points or 0.76 percent, to 3,165.9.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients