US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Nasdaq rises 1 pct, Wall Street extends rally
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs and the Nasdaq rose 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 135.05 points, or 0.97 percent, to 13,995.63. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 13.85 points, or 0.92 percent, to 1,511.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 31.27 points, or 1.00 percent, to 3,173.40.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine