US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Nasdaq rises 1 pct, Wall Street extends rally
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs and the Nasdaq rose 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 135.05 points, or 0.97 percent, to 13,995.63. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 13.85 points, or 0.92 percent, to 1,511.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 31.27 points, or 1.00 percent, to 3,173.40.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day