US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Nasdaq rises 1 pct, Wall Street extends rally
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs and the Nasdaq rose 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 135.05 points, or 0.97 percent, to 13,995.63. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 13.85 points, or 0.92 percent, to 1,511.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 31.27 points, or 1.00 percent, to 3,173.40.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports