US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Nasdaq rises 1 pct, Wall Street extends rally
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs and the Nasdaq rose 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 135.05 points, or 0.97 percent, to 13,995.63. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 13.85 points, or 0.92 percent, to 1,511.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 31.27 points, or 1.00 percent, to 3,173.40.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- U.S. openly accuses Russia of sending combat troops to Ukraine