US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens higher after payrolls data
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Friday as strong upward revisions to job creation estimates for December and November offset a slight disappointment in the January payroll report.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 98.56 points or 0.71 percent, to 13,959.14, the S&P 500 gained 8.98 points or 0.6 percent, to 1,507.09 and the Nasdaq Composite added 21.41 points or 0.68 percent, to 3,163.54.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane