US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens higher after payrolls data
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Friday as strong upward revisions to job creation estimates for December and November offset a slight disappointment in the January payroll report.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 98.56 points or 0.71 percent, to 13,959.14, the S&P 500 gained 8.98 points or 0.6 percent, to 1,507.09 and the Nasdaq Composite added 21.41 points or 0.68 percent, to 3,163.54.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama announces action on sweeping U.S. immigration reform
- Obama announces action on sweeping U.S. immigration reform |
- Obama's immigration plan offers some relief, risk for tech sector
- Exclusive - U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine
- Cable & Wireless helped Britain spy on the world - Channel 4