US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens higher after payrolls data
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Friday as strong upward revisions to job creation estimates for December and November offset a slight disappointment in the January payroll report.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 98.56 points or 0.71 percent, to 13,959.14, the S&P 500 gained 8.98 points or 0.6 percent, to 1,507.09 and the Nasdaq Composite added 21.41 points or 0.68 percent, to 3,163.54.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Insight - Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?
- Prolonged Hong Kong protest could harm financial image, says envoy |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |