US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens higher after payrolls data
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Friday as strong upward revisions to job creation estimates for December and November offset a slight disappointment in the January payroll report.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 98.56 points or 0.71 percent, to 13,959.14, the S&P 500 gained 8.98 points or 0.6 percent, to 1,507.09 and the Nasdaq Composite added 21.41 points or 0.68 percent, to 3,163.54.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- M&S frees Alan Stewart to take up Tesco CFO role early
- Philips to split off lighting business, form separate company
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |