US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises 1 pct as Wall St rallies
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs with each of the three major indexes up at least 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 139.22 points, or 1.00 percent, to 13,999.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 15.04 points, or 1.00 percent, to 1,513.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 35.47 points, or 1.13 percent, to 3,177.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |