US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises 1 pct as Wall St rallies
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs with each of the three major indexes up at least 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 139.22 points, or 1.00 percent, to 13,999.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 15.04 points, or 1.00 percent, to 1,513.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 35.47 points, or 1.13 percent, to 3,177.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks - coastguard
- Poland: NATO should send troops to east Europe, ignore Russia's objections
- UPDATE 16-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles results