US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises 1 pct as Wall St rallies
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs with each of the three major indexes up at least 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 139.22 points, or 1.00 percent, to 13,999.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 15.04 points, or 1.00 percent, to 1,513.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 35.47 points, or 1.13 percent, to 3,177.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day