US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises 1 pct as Wall St rallies
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs with each of the three major indexes up at least 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 139.22 points, or 1.00 percent, to 13,999.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 15.04 points, or 1.00 percent, to 1,513.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 35.47 points, or 1.13 percent, to 3,177.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands of South Africans queue to see Mandela lie in state |
- FCA fines Lloyds record 28 million pounds for pushing sales
- Boxing champ Klitschko faces ban on running for Ukraine presidency
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls