US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises 1 pct as Wall St rallies
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit five-year highs with each of the three major indexes up at least 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 139.22 points, or 1.00 percent, to 13,999.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 15.04 points, or 1.00 percent, to 1,513.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 35.47 points, or 1.13 percent, to 3,177.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland