Magnitude 6.7 quake recorded off Solomon Islands: USGS
London (Reuters) - An earthquake of magnitude 6.7 struck off the coast of the Solomon islands in the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Friday.
The depth of the quake was 10 km (6.2 miles) and the epicenter was 68 km southwest of Lata. The quake hit at 9:16 a.m. local time on Saturday.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not immediately issue any alerts on its website.
(Editing by Sophie Hares)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Manchester United top deadline-day big spenders
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked