Tennis-Czechs and Swiss play longest ever Davis Cup match
GENEVA Feb 2 (Reuters) - Czech Republic and Switzerland played out the longest ever Davis Cup match on Saturday when their doubles rubber lasted just over seven hours before the visitors won 6-4 5-7 6-4 6-7 24-22.
Tomas Berdych and Lukas Rosol beat Swiss pair Stanislas Wawrinka and Marco Chiudinelli to give the holders a 2-1 lead in their world group, first round match in seven hours two minutes, beating the previous record of six hours and 22 minutes. (Writing by Tom Pilcher in London, editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Traveller from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S.
- Lufthansa pilots' 15-hour strike affects 9,000 travellers
- UPDATE 4-Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'