Four killed, including French man, in Senegal's Casamance
DAKAR (Reuters) - Four people, including one French citizen, were killed in Senegal's southern Casamance region when suspected separatist rebels clashed with government soldiers, a military source said on Saturday.
"There are four dead including a French man," said the source. He said it was not clear whether the death of the French citizen was directly related to the rebels' long-running low-intensity bush war for independence in the mostly-Christian southern region of predominantly Muslim Senegal.
The others killed in the attack late on Friday were Senegalese, the source said.
(Reporting By Diadie Ba; writing by Daniel Flynn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- 'Warp speed' risk for UK house prices but hiking rates off radar
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Ukraine president digs in heels over Russia ties despite protests |