Four killed, including French man, in Senegal's Casamance
DAKAR (Reuters) - Four people, including one French citizen, were killed in Senegal's southern Casamance region when suspected separatist rebels clashed with government soldiers, a military source said on Saturday.
"There are four dead including a French man," said the source. He said it was not clear whether the death of the French citizen was directly related to the rebels' long-running low-intensity bush war for independence in the mostly-Christian southern region of predominantly Muslim Senegal.
The others killed in the attack late on Friday were Senegalese, the source said.
(Reporting By Diadie Ba; writing by Daniel Flynn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia