EU proposes Iran nuclear talks, hopes for Iranian confirmation
MUNICH (Reuters) - World powers have proposed holding a new round of talks with Iran over Tehran's nuclear work in the week of February 25 in Kazakhstan, a spokesman for EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said on Sunday.
However, Ashton's team, which coordinates diplomatic contacts with Iran on its nuclear programme on behalf of the United States, Russia, China, France, Germany and Britain, is still hoping for confirmation of the date and venue from Iran's negotiating team, the spokesman said.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media
- China Rongsheng ghost town reflects shipbuilder's struggle to survive
- U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of Rohingya