Australia's Macquarie falls after FY forecast lags
SYDNEY Feb 5 (Reuters) - Shares in Macquarie Group Ltd fell 3.9 percent on Tuesday after Australia's top investment bank forecast a smaller-than-expected 10 percent rise in 2013 profit.
Macquarie said its capital markets businesses were facing subdued activity, while its expected tax rate would rise.
Macquarie shares, up 55 percent in the past year, were at an intraday low of A$37.23 at 23:07 GMT, down 3.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- GE in talks to buy France's Alstom - Bloomberg
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |