Australia's Macquarie falls after FY forecast lags
SYDNEY Feb 5 (Reuters) - Shares in Macquarie Group Ltd fell 3.9 percent on Tuesday after Australia's top investment bank forecast a smaller-than-expected 10 percent rise in 2013 profit.
Macquarie said its capital markets businesses were facing subdued activity, while its expected tax rate would rise.
Macquarie shares, up 55 percent in the past year, were at an intraday low of A$37.23 at 23:07 GMT, down 3.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- Global Shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal