Nikkei rises for 5th day to a new 33-month high, Panasonic soars
TOKYO, Feb 4 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average climbed for a fifth straight day to a fresh 33-month peak on Monday as a softer yen led exporters higher, and hints of a recovery for troubled consumer electronics companies saw Panasonic Corp and Sharp Corp attract buying from retail investors. The Nikkei rose 0.6 percent to 11,260.35, and the broader Topix gained 1.4 percent to 955.75.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day