UK to strengthen sanctions against failed bankers
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor George Osborne said on Monday that the government plans to strengthen sanctions against senior bankers and open up bank payment systems to stimulate competition in the industry.
"I want to see how we can strengthen the sanctions regime for senior bankers - for example, should there be a presumption that the directors of failed banks do not work in the sector again?," Osborne said in a speech on bank reform.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Editing by Steve Slater)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Hungary plans to impose new tax on Internet traffic
- Special Report - Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade