UK to strengthen sanctions against failed bankers
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor George Osborne said on Monday that the government plans to strengthen sanctions against senior bankers and open up bank payment systems to stimulate competition in the industry.
"I want to see how we can strengthen the sanctions regime for senior bankers - for example, should there be a presumption that the directors of failed banks do not work in the sector again?," Osborne said in a speech on bank reform.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Editing by Steve Slater)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone