Taiwan's HTC says to focus more on emerging markets in 2013
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp said on Monday it will focus more on emerging markets in 2013, as it grapples with trying to maintain sales in a market dominated by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc.
Chief Financial Officer Chang Chia-Lin was speaking at a briefing after the company said it expects revenue to be flat to 17 percent lower in the first quarter compared with the previous three months.
The company also said it expected to see sequential revenue growth quarter to quarter in 2013 as it rolls out new flagship products.
(Reporting By Clare Jim; Writing by Anne Marie Roantree; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks as tensions rise
- U.S. exits GM stake in $10 billon loss for taxpayers |
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on media
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher
- U.S. Korean War veteran released by North says made 'confession' under duress