Taiwan's HTC says to focus more on emerging markets in 2013
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp said on Monday it will focus more on emerging markets in 2013, as it grapples with trying to maintain sales in a market dominated by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc.
Chief Financial Officer Chang Chia-Lin was speaking at a briefing after the company said it expects revenue to be flat to 17 percent lower in the first quarter compared with the previous three months.
The company also said it expected to see sequential revenue growth quarter to quarter in 2013 as it rolls out new flagship products.
(Reporting By Clare Jim; Writing by Anne Marie Roantree; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |