US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St roars back after selloff
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rallied on Tuesday as earnings came in stronger than expected and investors sought bargains a day after the market's biggest drop since November.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 99.22 points or 0.71 percent, to 13,979.3, the S&P 500 gained 15.58 points or 1.04 percent, to 1,511.29 and the Nasdaq Composite added 40.41 points or 1.29 percent, to 3,171.58.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |