US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St roars back after selloff
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rallied on Tuesday as earnings came in stronger than expected and investors sought bargains a day after the market's biggest drop since November.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 99.22 points or 0.71 percent, to 13,979.3, the S&P 500 gained 15.58 points or 1.04 percent, to 1,511.29 and the Nasdaq Composite added 40.41 points or 1.29 percent, to 3,171.58.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |