US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St roars back after selloff
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rallied on Tuesday as earnings came in stronger than expected and investors sought bargains a day after the market's biggest drop since November.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 99.22 points or 0.71 percent, to 13,979.3, the S&P 500 gained 15.58 points or 1.04 percent, to 1,511.29 and the Nasdaq Composite added 40.41 points or 1.29 percent, to 3,171.58.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone