US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 gains more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 rose more than 1 percent on Tuesday as stronger-than-expected earnings helped the outlook for profit growth while the Nasdaq also traded more than 1 percent higher.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 121.55 points, or 0.88 percent, at 14,001.63. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 16.25 points, or 1.09 percent, at 1,511.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 38.08 points, or 1.22 percent, at 3,169.25.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |
- Echoes of Law in 1974 as City's Lampard shuns celebration
- Siemens splurges $7.6 billion on Dresser-Rand in U.S. shale market bet |
- Alibaba issues additional shares to raise IPO total to $25 billion - report