Hollande - Euro zone should agree on "realistic" level for euro
STRASBOURG, France (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande said on Tuesday the euro zone should agree on a target for the currency's exchange rate over the medium-term and act on global markets to protect its economic interests.
"The euro zone must, through its heads of state and government decide on a medium-term exchange rate," he told journalists after his first speech to the European Parliament.
He added that the exchange rate should not be set artificially but that the euro zone should act on global markets to protect its interests.
(Reporting By Mark John; Writing by Nick Vinocur. Editing by Jeremy Gaunt.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering