Hollande - Euro zone should agree on "realistic" level for euro
STRASBOURG, France (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande said on Tuesday the euro zone should agree on a target for the currency's exchange rate over the medium-term and act on global markets to protect its economic interests.
"The euro zone must, through its heads of state and government decide on a medium-term exchange rate," he told journalists after his first speech to the European Parliament.
He added that the exchange rate should not be set artificially but that the euro zone should act on global markets to protect its interests.
(Reporting By Mark John; Writing by Nick Vinocur. Editing by Jeremy Gaunt.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- High-profile British rail union leader Bob Crow dies
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study