Liberty Global prepares bid for UK's Virgin Media - FT
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. billionaire John Malone's cable group Liberty Global (LBTYA.O) is preparing a bid for cable company Virgin Media Inc VMED.O, the Financial Times reported on Monday, citing several people familiar with the matter.
Virgin Media -- the UK's second-largest pay television operator according to the FT -- has a market capitalization of around $10.4 billion (6.6 billion pounds) as of Monday's closing price.
A bid for could be announced in coming days, the FT said.
Liberty Global and Virgin Media could not be immediately reached for comment.
(Reporting By Michael Erman; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media
- China Rongsheng ghost town reflects shipbuilder's struggle to survive
- U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of Rohingya