Liberty Global prepares bid for UK's Virgin Media - FT
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. billionaire John Malone's cable group Liberty Global (LBTYA.O) is preparing a bid for cable company Virgin Media Inc VMED.O, the Financial Times reported on Monday, citing several people familiar with the matter.
Virgin Media -- the UK's second-largest pay television operator according to the FT -- has a market capitalization of around $10.4 billion (6.6 billion pounds) as of Monday's closing price.
A bid for could be announced in coming days, the FT said.
Liberty Global and Virgin Media could not be immediately reached for comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks- source |