Liberty Global prepares bid for UK's Virgin Media - FT
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. billionaire John Malone's cable group Liberty Global (LBTYA.O) is preparing a bid for cable company Virgin Media Inc VMED.O, the Financial Times reported on Monday, citing several people familiar with the matter.
Virgin Media -- the UK's second-largest pay television operator according to the FT -- has a market capitalization of around $10.4 billion (6.6 billion pounds) as of Monday's closing price.
A bid for could be announced in coming days, the FT said.
Liberty Global and Virgin Media could not be immediately reached for comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama says beheading "shocked the conscience" of the world |
- Bank of England splits over rate hike for first time in three years
- Look, no hands! Test driving a Google car
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |