European shares rally; ArcelorMittal bounces
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - European stocks reversed an early dip and rose on Wednesday morning, extending the previous session's recovery, with ArcelorMittal's outlook reassuring investors.
Shares in the world's largest steelmaker surged 2.7 percent, bouncing back from a recent 10 percent fall, after the company forecast improved demand and earnings in 2013.
At 0900 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.5 percent at 1,160.07 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Germany: Russia sanctions, Ukraine probably contributed to Q2 contraction
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- Scottish nationalists seek to broaden independence debate beyond currency
- EBay considering PayPal spinoff - report