European shares rally; ArcelorMittal bounces
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - European stocks reversed an early dip and rose on Wednesday morning, extending the previous session's recovery, with ArcelorMittal's outlook reassuring investors.
Shares in the world's largest steelmaker surged 2.7 percent, bouncing back from a recent 10 percent fall, after the company forecast improved demand and earnings in 2013.
At 0900 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.5 percent at 1,160.07 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |