European shares rally; ArcelorMittal bounces
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - European stocks reversed an early dip and rose on Wednesday morning, extending the previous session's recovery, with ArcelorMittal's outlook reassuring investors.
Shares in the world's largest steelmaker surged 2.7 percent, bouncing back from a recent 10 percent fall, after the company forecast improved demand and earnings in 2013.
At 0900 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.5 percent at 1,160.07 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As Russian arms flow to Ukraine, more U.S. sanctions expected
- FIFA committed to 2018 World Cup in Russia
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |