European shares rally; ArcelorMittal bounces
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - European stocks reversed an early dip and rose on Wednesday morning, extending the previous session's recovery, with ArcelorMittal's outlook reassuring investors.
Shares in the world's largest steelmaker surged 2.7 percent, bouncing back from a recent 10 percent fall, after the company forecast improved demand and earnings in 2013.
At 0900 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.5 percent at 1,160.07 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel says truce over after soldier apparently captured in Gaza |
- Britain's RBS places restrictions on lending in Russia
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- Pressure mounts on Jadeja following week to forget
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |