European shares rally; ArcelorMittal bounces
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - European stocks reversed an early dip and rose on Wednesday morning, extending the previous session's recovery, with ArcelorMittal's outlook reassuring investors.
Shares in the world's largest steelmaker surged 2.7 percent, bouncing back from a recent 10 percent fall, after the company forecast improved demand and earnings in 2013.
At 0900 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.5 percent at 1,160.07 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum
- More Ukrainian soldiers killed, Poroshenko defends peace plan
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- Exclusive - Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear programme