European shares rally; ArcelorMittal bounces
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - European stocks reversed an early dip and rose on Wednesday morning, extending the previous session's recovery, with ArcelorMittal's outlook reassuring investors.
Shares in the world's largest steelmaker surged 2.7 percent, bouncing back from a recent 10 percent fall, after the company forecast improved demand and earnings in 2013.
At 0900 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.5 percent at 1,160.07 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State |
- For 23rd time, U.N. nations urge end to U.S. embargo on Cuba |