European shares rally; ArcelorMittal bounces
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - European stocks reversed an early dip and rose on Wednesday morning, extending the previous session's recovery, with ArcelorMittal's outlook reassuring investors.
Shares in the world's largest steelmaker surged 2.7 percent, bouncing back from a recent 10 percent fall, after the company forecast improved demand and earnings in 2013.
At 0900 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.5 percent at 1,160.07 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Man charged with attacking British MP on London street
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists